CSINW was founded on April 1 2018 when HAGI Community Services for Independence and Northwestern Independent Living Services (NILs) merged.
CSINW has been recognized as a leader in the community service agency of Ontario as there is currently no other organization like it that can offer such a broad range of services to our communities. Since our founding, we have explored, developed and provided both seniors and adults living with physical disabilities with partnerships at a number of service clubs, hospitals and community service agencies such as:
- Therapeutic Horseback Riding
- Young Kids on the Block puppet program (for youth)
- Self advocacy to education workshops on various disabilities
We are a charitable community based organization and 100% of our funds stay in Northwestern Ontario. Currently our staff exceeds 225 workers and we have a vast network of volunteers. With this manpower we serve over 200 clients daily within our region and are able to offer 24/7 support services.
We provide the following core services:
- Barrier-Free living
- Housing Support Care Services
- Recreational Programs for People with Disabilities and Seniors